Tuesday 2 October 2012

EX 5: Common mistakes..by us...

The following are 5 common mistakes that students normally make in writing:


No.
Type of mistakes made
Wrong
Right
1.
Spelling of pronouns
i, u

Example:
i hope u could join us.
I, You

Example:
I hope you could join us.

2.
Stringing of sentences
To combine more then 3 simple sentences in a sentence.

Example:
Phobias can limit a person's activities of daily living and may cause nausea and depression also cause anxiety and even panic.

Do not write lengthy sentences and try to keep them simple.

Example:
Phobias can limit a person's activities of daily living. They may cause nausea and depression. This disorder can also cause anxiety and even panic.
3.
The use of contractions
Do not use contractions such as I'm, don't, couldn't, etc to answer most PMR Paper 2 questions.
Contractions can only be used in writing dialogues and informal letters.


4.
The use of modals + also
also can, also will, etc.

Example:
Phobias also can cause anxiety and panic.
can also, will also, etc.

Example:
Phobias can also cause anxiety and panic.
5.
I used with a group of people
I and my family...
I and my friends...

Example:
I and my family are fine.
My family and I...
My friends and I...

Example:
My family and I are fine.
 sources retrieved from: http://teachernuha.blogspot.com/2011/09/common-mistakes-students-do-in-writing.html


Task 1: Try to find 8 common mistakes made by Malaysian. Do some research from any books, articles, magazines or internet.

DEAR STUDENTS, KINDLY LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS/ OPINION IN THE BOX BELOW REGARDING THE ABOVE EXERCISES.TQVM.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment